Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

Writing - Information Report

      Hello Readers! Today in Miss McLeod's writing group we finished off our Information Report that we have been working on for a week 😊. We got to choose out of the three topics to write an Information Report about, the topics were: The Sun 🌄, The Earth 🌏, and The Moon 🌙. For my topic I chose the Moon since I find it really interesting. If you would like to know more about the Moon please check out my writing here 😊:

Magnificent Moon


Introduction

Is that a Planet?

   No, that is the Moon and it is actually not an official planet though it has many

qualities of one. The Moon is actually a satellite of the Earth . And, did you know the

Moon is 4.53 billion years old?

Appearance

   The Moon has been hit by many meteors and meteor showers. So if you get to see the

Moon’s surface, you will be able to see nearly all the places meteors have hit the Moon.

There is no air to breathe on the moon, so the flags that the astronauts have left on the

moon will never flutter. Also, the footprints left by astronauts on the Moon will stay there

for a very long time. The moon’s diameter is 3,474.2 km which is pretty big, but that is

only a quarter of our Earth. 

Phases

    The Moon has eight phases. There are waxing and waning Moons. The cycle goes like

this: First Quarter, Waxing Gibbous, Full Moon, Waning Gibbous, Third Quarter, Waning

Crescent, New Moon and then Waxing Crescent. It takes the Moon 27.3 days to orbit

Earth, but it takes the Moon 29.5 days to go from new moon to new moon. The Moon

takes 2.2 days to catch up to the Earth’s orbit around the Sun. The Earth can travel for

45 million miles around the sun while the Moon completes one orbit around the Earth.

Lunar Water

   For many years humans did not know that there was water on the Moon. But in 1971

Astronauts from the Apollo 14 mission found water on the Moon. The water on the Moon

is called Lunar Water. And because the Moon has water and an atmosphere, there is a small

chance that there is life on the Moon. 

Conclusion

    The Moon is one of the coolest and amazing satellites in our solar system. Thank you

for reading, I hope you have learnt something new about the Moon from this piece of

writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.