Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Writing - Joyful Jupiter Information Report

   Hey Readers! A few weeks ago in Miss McLeod's writing class there we made information reports for things in our solar system and we got to choose what we wrote about 😁. For my information report I chose to write about Jupiter 😃. I found it very fun to research and turn the information into my own words. Here is my information report about Jupiter 😎:

Joyful Jupiter


Introduction

Have you heard of the planet Jupiter?

  Jupiter is a 4.603 billion year old planet. It is named after the Greek God of

Gods, Jupiter. The planet Jupiter is also the biggest planet in our solar system

and to let you have a better idea of how big Jupiter is: If Earth was a Grape

Jupiter would be a Basketball. And did you know that Jupiter has 79 moons? 

Appearance

 Jupiter is one of the four Gas Giants in our solar system, it has no solid

surface. The planet has really thin rings, so thin that we only found out about

them in 1979 which is 369 years after humans found out about it. Though the

origins of the rings of Jupiter are still unknown. Jupiter is famous for its Great

Red Spot, which is actually a storm that has been raging on for at least 150

years. It has a cloudy atmosphere and it has colourful belts and spots.

Size

 With a diameter of 139,820 kilometres Jupiter is the biggest planet in our

Solar System. Jupiter is 317 times the Earth’s mass and 11 times its size which

shows how tiny the Earth is compared to Jupiter. To make it easier to know

how big Jupiter is compared to Earth, if Jupiter is a jar, you can actually fit

1,321 Earths in it. And did you know that Jupiter is 2.5 times bigger than all

the rest of the planets in the Solar System combined?

Placement and Orbit

 Jupiter is an outer planet and the 5th planet from the Sun. It is also 588

million kilometres from Earth. One day on Jupiter is 10 hours long which is way

faster than Earth’s which is 24 hours. And on Jupiter, one year is 11.9

kilometres on Earth which is nearly 12 times one Earth year.

Conclusion

 Overall, I think that Jupiter is a really cool and beautiful planet with lots of

features. Jupiter’s temperature is -145℃ and therefore Jupiter will not be a

suitable planet for human life. I hope you have learnt something about Jupiter

from this piece of writing today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.