Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Writing - Fabulous Flies (To Persuade)

 Hey Readers! In Writing with Miss McLeod this week, our group had to make a persuading piece of writing persuading the reader that flies are fabulous 😌. Most of us weren't very fond of flies so had to do some research about them to see what they could do, and we found out that flies actually play a big part in the environment and food chain 😁. I really enjoyed making this piece of writing because it has taught me many different and amazing traits about flies 😄. Here is my Fabulous Flies to persuade writing 😊:

Fabulous Flies

Have you ever wondered why us flies are useful to our world? Well, in my opinion as a fly, we are very useful. Examples of why we are useful are that we eat aphids and that we pollinate. And we are pretty important in the day to day ecosystem which is the reason why I think that flies are fabulous.
Us flies aren’t the most well-known pollinators, but we are actually better pollinators than bees themselves. Instead of pollinating the flowers and plants that bees pollinate, we pollinate certain plants that the bees don’t. Some plants that we pollinate are: skunk cabbage, voodoo lilies and corpse flowers which give out the smell of rotting which attracts us flies. Since we flies have hairy legs, as we land on the flowers, the pollen sticks to our hairs, and when we fly around, we drop the pollen around as well.
Did you know that flies eat aphids? Aphids are small, pesky bugs that nibble away at your plants, and can kill them. But we flies think that aphids are a delightful treat. In my opinion, eating aphids is very helpful to your garden since we’re saving your flowers & plants, which is a reason why I think we are important in the day to day ecosystem. By eating aphids, we are also saving half of the world’s oxygen source, plants.
Do you know what will happen if you remove us flies from the world? Us flies play a very important role in earth’s food chain and environment, which means if you remove us, the food chain will be disrupted greatly. Firstly, we remove the rotting smells from dead animals and rotting food, which is probably why you see us around bins. Secondly, each species of flies play an important role in the ecosystem and if you remove us, it will cause the extinction of higher species. Thirdly, if there are no flies in the world, you won’t even have oxygen to breathe, because flies eat aphids and aphids eat plants which means you won’t have half of your oxygen source.
For these reasons, I think us flies really do have a purpose and we therefore feel like we are mistreated. We support the whole food-chain, are helpful in the pollinating area, and are helpful in the garden. We think, without a doubt, you should reconsider and keep us around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.