Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Writing - Lighthouse

Once, in a lighthouse on a cliff, near a town next to the sea there was an old lighthouse keeper who was quiet and lonely. At the time, he was writing a letter, from outside he could hear a party but he always thought of them as silly. Then, he heard a loud ‘BANG’ upstairs, and the party had stopped. He went up to check out what it was. And it turned out that the light in the lighthouse had stopped working. So he grabbed a tool-box and took out the light to try and fix it, but as he was taking it out he accidentally dropped it and the light shattered to pieces. The lighthouse keeper was panicking because he already broke the light and even worse he heard a ship coming in. And it was heading to the wrong side of the harbour where there were rocks that could sink a ship. So he started thinking as fast as he could for a solution and then he looked outside of the lighthouse and he saw the lights of the houses. He then had a GREAT idea. He went down to the party (because that's where most people were), and told them what had happened. Then, he told them his idea to use the lights they have and stand near or on the lighthouse to replace the lighthouse so it could guide the ship safely ashore. And his idea worked perfectly, he also made a few friends so he wasn’t lonely anymore, just quiet.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora An, great work on your writing. I like how you described the lighthouse keeper. It must be pretty boring working at I light house don't you think? Next time you should put a blurb because readers need to know what you did, because I noticed you put blurb's on your other posts.
    Have a nice day.
    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.